Translate

Friday 19 June 2015

Moving Day, Photo Blog

Well the day is finally here where I move back to my first love in Bulgaria, my original home. Don't get me wrong I love this house, I have put every penny I had into it, had to borrow some from family after I was flooded. I love what I have done with it and feel sad that I may never be able to finish it. BUT this house just isn't ME, I have never felt at home here the way I do when I open the gate in my HOME. It was one of those situations where we had come to the village and I fell in love with it as soon as I was welcomed through the gate I just knew this was my home, I hadn't even seen inside the house so had no idea as to it's condition.
 Cutting down my beloved vines, all destroyed, sooooo sad

 The garden reached 4' before I could afford to get it brushcut
 Living area sorted but needs a complete paint job
 Cooking a bit like camping


I have spent the last month or so trying to get it back into liveable condition and I am there. Still loads to do but I can live in it as it is being sorted out.
The worst now is the garden, no idea how on earth I will get it into a workable state but so much has already been done so it is a matter of plodding on weather permitting.
The vines that were grown up over metal pergolas were broken beyond repair. The metal was twisted and broken the vines sawn through (gutting) which killed off pretty much all of the vine.
The metal has been removed all the metal wire too has been cut free and the vines removed or pruned back where possible. I think there is only 2 vines saved from the two pergolas. I am so thankful to my friend Maureen doing the main work on this, she worked so hard on it. Marko came to move furniture for me and Maureen had brought her grinder round to saw through the thick metal posts but it was so heavy we think it would have been impossible for us to hold it up in the air to saw, there is just no replacement for men and their strength.
I do have another 50 vines to sort out but they are in rows and not overhead. Malko po malko (little by little).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I very much appreciate them. I am sorry if I do not post a personal reply. Thank you x