Translate

Sunday 10 June 2018

Fly's, Plovdiv The Heat is Here

Bloody flies are driving me nuts and the dogs. I'm not sure if I have hundreds of baby flies or if they are flying ants? Then there are the horse flies as well as everything in between.

Anyway I guess summer is unofficially here. It is very hot, in the high 20's, low to mid 30's.
Obviously in this heat its all out get the pool ready, easier said than done. We're nearly there, i just need to hoover a bit more. New pump installed, rubbish cleared, water cleaned and clear, shocked to death, I just need the arthritis in my neck and hands to do one! I've had a lot of help getting it to this stage from friends and partner, for which I'm very grateful.

Good news my Beautiful sister Brenda is coming over in September with my oldest friend Sharon, just for a week, but I can't wait!!!! I have booked us into a hotel in Nesebur for 3 nights so they can experience the old Bulgaria too. I will enjoy blogging this as Nesebur is gorgeous. Before then I'm taking mum to Sozopol for week. My readers will know how much I adore Sozopol!
Sharon and I have been friends since we moved next door to each other when I was 5 and she was 6. We grew up together, went through our teens together and she was always there for me. Brenda has been in my life since she was 17 and I was 12. She may be my sister in law, but to me she is my sister, the only one I have ever had and I thank God for her! I'm so looking forward to spending quality time with these wonderful women x

I recently spent some time in Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second city and what a lovely place it is. Now everyone who knows me will know I hate cities, I may have been born and raised in one but I'm a country girl at heart. I worked in London but hated it, the anonymity of it all, being pushed over in the street etc. I know people who love it, we are all different. Now Veliko Turnovo and now Plovdiv, oh and Worcester I love. Why? Well they are very village like, but bigger LOL. Surrounded by countryside, lots of parks, an over indulgence of history, very cosmopolitan, loads of restaurants and cafe's, independent shops, everything I love.
I never felt the urge to visit Plovdiv but my boyfriend has a plan so we went to see if he could implement it.
I arrived with a completely open mind due to the fact that VT had my heart but boy did I fall for this beautiful place! I may even go so far as to say it has replaced VT for the ambiance and friendliness. The beauty far outstrips VT and the history is amazing being the oldest city in Europe let alone Bulgaria.
We were fortunate to be there for part of the Kapana festival.
The Kapana area is all cobbled streets full of restaurants, cafe's and little independent shops, artisan etc, right up my street!
The Mosque is featured in the centre with a cafe outside and there is Roman arena ruins around the corner. We didn't make it to the amphitheater
Next year 2019 Plovdiv is the European city of culture, there will be lots of events happening all year so this is a great time to go, BUT book your hotel early it will get full.









 Look at the sky on this photo above. It is not a rainbow as it has not rained forever







These top two photo's are from a restaurant in the Plovdiv Mall. I think its called Fancy
If you are there you MUST go here for the very best burgers and juices EVER!
oh and THOSE FRIES!!!!
These top two photos were from the Amsterdam restaurant in the centre of Kapana district. Beautiful food and a relaxed atmosphere We had a gorgeous meal here.

I have been FB friends with a guy for almost 9 years and his wife for the lat year and was absolutely delighted to be able to meet them for breakfast one morning in their favourite cafe. You know often when I meet people I'm usually disappointed as I've built up an image in my head,
(I'm guessing I am also a disappointment to many), but these were just as I thought they would be. I'm so pleased to have finally met them and hope to see them on future visits, of which there may be many.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I very much appreciate them. I am sorry if I do not post a personal reply. Thank you x