Translate

Monday 17 September 2018

Beautiful Times, First 2018 Sozopol Holiday

Well this weather!!!!!
First we had nothing but storms and rain, cloud and grey. Very miserable for people. I had a BBQ party arranged but had to cancel it. The pool didn't get used as it should, but you know, places were flooded. Now though it is wall to wall sunshine and intense heat, mind you this is how it should be, it was just wet later than normal.
The pool is finally being used as it should be and i'm enjoying daily swims which, even as I really love being in the pool, I hope it will help tone and strengthen me.
Every day I wonder at this blessing. All my life I have yearned for a swimming pool of my own, it was never anything I could see happening to me as well you know, how could it!!!! So I really feel blessed beyond what I deserve!


I took mum to Sozopol on a little getaway for a week. Unfortunately I was very ill the whole week as I came down with tonsillitis on the first day! I bought every tablet we could need except Paracetamol. I was too ill to get out to the pharmacy which was a ten minute walk from the hotel. Eventually on the third or fourth day I managed to get a taxi & buy some antibiotics specific to my need.  Poor mum, but we managed to have not such a bad time as there were restaurants almost opposite us. The food in the hotel was crap! I though could not eat due to the pain, even drinking was agony.
The weather was kind to us, thank goodness and on the Wednesday, when I had reached my lowest, feeling really very sorry for myself, having a cry I received a phone call from BF asking how I was and what my view was like behind me. On turning around baffled as to why, there he was! Surprise visit for a couple of days, lovely! Just what I needed. We took mum to the harbour in Old Town for a meal, although we wouldn't recommend the restaurant, but it was really lovely to spend a last couple of days before he went back to work till I see him again in August.

Friday was a good day. I felt a little better and was determined to take mum to the beach. I knew I wouldn't be able to swim as I was still far too poorly, but it was a beautiful day and our last. We went to Harmanite beach, a beautiful soft white sand beach with lots of restaurants and my favourite beach bar in that town, Hedon.
Have to say Hedon seems to have taken over that beach with the sun loungers, water sports etc.
We had a wonderful LARGE Pink Gin and Tonic with Strawberries and Blueberries, I highly recommend this, and a gorgeous club sandwich which I also recommend.
 View from the hotel terrace over breakfast

 Harbour restaurant Le Terrace

 Mum ready for the beach



















Exhausted, waiting for a taxi home
I have been working on a few projects, trying out new Techniques of blending, which I love. I need to practice and be brave.
I have found a large premises which I hope I can afford to rent. It is in a small town but it is on the main road so will be easy to find if people are interested in seeing "in the flesh" I hope it will be big enough to make a really pretty shop with room for a workshop behind. I'm already planning how I want to decorate it. I'm just waiting to get an interpreter to find out all the details for me, excited!
My friend Steve is going to jump on board he will be making small items of furniture and things I will paint them and we will sell them in the shop too. Great opportunity for people to get a bespoke item made just for them with a really great price tag!
Here are a few pics of a few items

 From this to this















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I very much appreciate them. I am sorry if I do not post a personal reply. Thank you x